Friday, September 18, 2009

Savory Yogurt Snack

I often sautee fruit and use it to top Chobani vanilla yogurt, but today for snack I was in the mood for something more salty and savory. Browsing my fridge, I spotted the big box of golden cherry tomatoes I had intended to roast. I didn't have time to roast them, but I thought "what if I sauteed them instead?" Topping yogurt with sauteed tomatoes didn't seem that different from topping it with fruit, but I swapped out some plain Fage greek yogurt for the Chobani to get more tartness. I find the warmth of the tomatoes and the coolness of the yogurt a wonderfully decadent combination.

10 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
1 slice fatfree turkey lunch meat
smoked sea salt

Spray a small skillet with nonstick spray. Cut tomatoes in half, lay cut side down in the skillet. Cook at medium high heat with a lid on until the tomatoes are soft and starting to caramelize on the bottom. Cut the turkey into small pieces. Add the turkey, tomatoes, and a dash of sea salt to the yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment